Note: please ignore if the Hamas attack on Israel is either no interest or info overload - I avoid most of it due to the latter - I only picked this up on my twitter feed, & didn't know this gent prior.
Update: here is the most succinct & brave précis following on the Oct. 7 events in Gaza. AOC is the voice of the younger honest US politics, harking back to JFK when public office was honest & civil service was cool... 60 yrs. ago! Watch her here (YouTube) and recover your "illegetimi non carborundum" vibes (don't let the bastards grind you down). Her heartfelt emotion and barely contained rage are palpable: "War crimes do not justify more war crimes", won't you agree?
Update 2: here is the best recap of where Hamas came from (Arte). French only, translated transcript will follow (here). Update 3: in Andrew Zolnai Private Blog, two mid-2026 posts on Middle-Eastern religious regimes compared here, and Climate Change and the Old Testament here.
Current events reminded me of the eerie impression I had while in Kuwait, of my hosts' day-to-day as if Israel didn't exist... as if some sea level rise put the Med on the left bank of the Jordan... so deep was the prevailing distress on this topic! As in the following, that was my general impression, and reflects neither my hosts' nor my own opinion on either side (see more
here).
Below is the most even-handed and complete report I have ever read on any conflict. You know I seek the story behind the strory, and from the little I get from the current situation and the lot I shared on this blog, I think he hits all the bases (no need to log in or sign up, read to full article link at the end):
__________________________________________________
Further to my post on my professional blog about generative AI, here are the replies I garnered:
Bing AI response to the question: Old Testament Koran Arab Israeli conflict quotes
Google Bard response to the question: "I am unable to help you with that, as I'm only a language model and don't have the necessary information or abilities."
No comments:
Post a Comment